- Read the following words on the table, then write down the name of the cell organelles on the table provided on the right side.
cell organelle city worksheet
|Stores material within the cell|
|Closely stacked, flattened sacs (plants only)|
|The sites of protein synthesis|
|Transports materials within the cell|
|The region inside the cell except for the nucleus|
|Organelle that manages or controls all the cell functions in a eukaryotic cell|
|Contains chlorophyll, a green pigment that traps energy from sunlight and gives plants their green color|
|Digests excess or worn-out cell parts, food particles and invading viruses or bacteria|
|Small bumps located on portions of the endoplasmic reticulum|
|Provides temporary storage of food, enzymes and waste products|
|Firm, protective structure that gives the cell its shape in plants, fungi, most bacteria and some protests|
|Produces a usable form of energy for the cell|
|Packages proteins for transport out of the cell|
|Everything inside the cell including the nucleus|
|Site where ribosomes are made|
|The membrane surrounding the cell|
|Provides support for the cell, has two “subparts”|
|Name for the collection of DNA in the nucleus of eukaryotic cells|
|Consist of hollow tubes which provide support for the cell|
|Small hair-like structures used for movement or sensing things|
|Composed of a phospholipid bilayer|
|Longer whip-like structures used for movement|
- Put a check in the appropriate column(s) to indicate whether the following organelles are found in plant cell organelles, animal cells or both.
cell organelle functions worksheet middle school
|Organelle||Plant Cells||Animal Cells|
- Answer the following questions briefly
- In what organelle does cellular respiration take place?
- Name two storage organelles?
- What is the list of organelles that take part in protein synthesis?
- How is the nucleus involved in protein synthesis?
- What organelle is considered a “factory”, because it takes in raw materials and converts them to cell products that can be used by the cell?
- How does the membrane of the cell differ from the nuclear membrane? What advantages does this difference have for the nucleus?
- What do ribosomes do? Are they found freely floating in the cytoplasm? OR are they found attached to another organelle? OR both. Explain why this occurs.
- What does the endoplasmic reticulum do?
- What is the difference between rough ER and smooth ER? What is the ER doing that is different in each case?
- What are lysosomes? What types of molecules would be found inside a lysosome?
- Why might a lysosome fuse with or link up with a food vacuole?
- In what organelle do molecules move from the ER to the Golgi bodies?
- What is a centriole? In what type of cell (plant or animal) is it found? What does it do for the cell?
- Read the following cell organelles, then explain it in brief!
cell organelles analogy worksheet
- Endoplasmic Reticulum
- Golgi Apparatus
- Cell Membrane
—– Happy Doing The Worksheet —–
cell organelles coloring worksheet
cell organelles functions worksheet
cell organelles table worksheet answers
cell organelles worksheet ap biology
cell organelles worksheet chapter 7
cell organelles worksheet chart
cell organelles worksheet for middle school
cell organelles worksheet matching
cell organelles worksheet pdf
cell organelles worksheet
cells and cell organelles worksheet
cells their organelles worksheet answers
Incoming search terms:analogy between cell organelle and a factory in his part with more image
, cell organelle worksheet front yard landscaping idea
, cell organelle worksheet front yard landscaping ideas
, cell organelles worksheet