One thing that should be known by the people about plant cell organelles is a cell of plant is actually the basic unit life of a plant, that means without this unit, the plant can not no longer life. Commonly the cell is thick, and rigid cell wall.
- What are part of plant cell organelles?
There are eleven parts, they are:
- Cell wall
- Cell membrane
- Nuclear membrane
- Endoplasmic reticulum
- What are the function of each plant cell organelles?
Every part of the plant cell organelles has their own functions in supporting the life of the plant.
- Cell wall; this part will always support the growth of the plant and they also allow the plan to allow H2O, O2, CO2 and used to pass into and out of the cell itself.
- Cell membrane will also protect and control the movement of the materials in or out of the cell and barrier between the cell and the environment that will maintain homeostasis of the plant cell
- Nucleus has a function to control the cell activities
- Nuclear membrane that will control the movement of the materials that is in or out of the nucleus.
- Cytoplasm is used to support or protect the cell organelles.
- Endoplasmic reticulum that will carry the materials through its cell
- Ribosome to produce the protein
- Mitochondrion that will be very useful to break down sugar molecules into energy
- The vacuole as one of parts of plant cell that will be very useful store food, water, waste that are needed by the plants to store large amounts of food.
- Lysosome is used to break down larger food molecules into smaller molecules and digest old cell parts
- Lastly, chloroplast that will use energy from sun to make food for the plant and used to do photosynthesis
- What do they look like?
The next questions that may come up is, what is it like?
- Cell wall, it is outer layer of the plant with rigid, strong, stiff and it is made of cellulose
- The cell membrane is inside of the cell wall,
- The nucleus is large and oval
- Nuclear membrane, it is surround the nucleus and permeable selectively
- Cytoplasm, this part is clear, thick, like jelly and the material is organelle that is found inside of the cell membrane.
- Endoplasmic reticulum is like a network of tubes or its membrane.
- Ribosome, this part is the smallest part of the plant
- Mithocondrion is described as the part that have bean-shaped with its inner membranes
- Vacuole it is like a fluid filled sacs
- The lysosome is small, round, with its membrane
- While the chloroplast is green oval and usually containing the chlorophyll that will be very helpful in doing photosynthesis.
The plant cells are like eukaryotic cells that will differ in some key aspects from the cells of the other eukaryotic organism. As what has been explained before, the main point of the cell is, it is the smallest part of a plant. That means it will be very useful part in life of a plant.